Skip to main content

Principles behind the Agile Manifesto

Recently read about agile manifesto. So thought to sharing it. More stories can be found at the agile manifest website, that is at the end.

1-   Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.

2-   Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer's competitive advantage.
3-   Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a
preference to the shorter timescale.
4-   Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
5-   Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need,
  and trust them to get the job done.
6-   The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development
team is face-to-face conversation.
7-   Working software is the primary measure of progress.

8-   Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
9-   Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
10-Simplicity--the art of maximizing the amount of work not done--is essential.
11- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
12- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Server Side Sorting Cont....

On my previous post   I had already mentioned about how to apply the sort to Bootstrap paginated tables. By making the following changes server side sorting can be achieved along with pagination. On Filter Model self.sortBy = ko.observable( 'Id' );//Default sort Column self.sortAscending = ko.observable( false ); self.iconType = ko.observable( 'glyphicon glyphicon-chevron-down' ); // Icon to appear near Column No Changes to Adarsh Log Model or Adarsh Log list Model Knockout.js View Model for Adarsh Log Changes Add the sortTable  method to it self.sortTable = function (viewModel, e) {             var columClicked = $(e.target).attr( "data-column" )             var sortAscending = (self.filter().sortAscending() === true ) ? false : true ;             self.filter().sortAscendi...

Single page application (SPA) using ext.js

what is spa? Single page application are applications that fit in one page with rich and fluid user experiences like a desktop based applications. Why is SPA? All web based elements (html, CSS,javascript) are downloaded from the server on single page load and avoid the continuous page post back. i can explain what this mean. Suppose your web application is made of certain flow and it consists of 5 different pages. Each page need to get data from the user and save before moving to the next page. So when we navigate from one page to other it need to make a round trip to server to store the data in one page and get the data for the next page to display. but in spa we can avoid the continuous post backs. The whole page will not post back any time other than the first load. But it communicate to the server dynamically behind the scene and can achieve the same functionality. Spa using ext.js designing a SPA using ext.js is a challenging task if you are unaware about the ext.js ...

Emergence and Creative Confidence

I started my career on 1st of September 2008 as a software developer at Manchester. Some people in my personal life might know about it. I like to say, that day as the day I found an aura in my life, transformation from the worst possible situation into a new beginning in a matter of 1 hour. The week before, I got an interview confirmation from that company and I was not at all excited about it because I know it is going to be the final interview in UK if I am unsuccessful. I was in that mental state because I was not successful for past 12 such occurrences and not expecting anything different. This shows I was not a brilliant person but had a strong passion and hardworking nature to achieve success. I passed my masters on Sep 2007 and after that, I decided to work only in software development, and lots of people including my parents told this as a worst possible decision. To be precise, they have no issues in choosing software development, but on my adamant decision only software de...